The privacy of our candidates, clients, employees, and our firm’s representatives is important to Tim Moore Associates (referred to as “TMA,” “we” or “us” or “the service provider” in this policy) and the purpose of this policy is to inform you what personal information we collect, how we use it, what may be disclosed to others, how long we keep it, and how you can request or obtain more information about Tim Moore Associates privacy policies.
Personal means any information about you except your name, business title, business address, business e-mail, business telephone number or business fax number.
Names, addresses, telephone numbers listed in the telephone directory, or other public domain directories or locations are not considered to be personal information.
We are responsible for protecting personal information in our control. We have designated Tim Moore to be accountable for our compliance with this policy and the privacy legislation. If you wish to contact Tim Moore you may do so by one of the following methods:
Mail: 317 – 6021 Yonge Street, Toronto, Ontario, M2M 3W2
Use of Personal Information
Your personal information may be used for one or more of the following reasons related to providing customer service to both you and our clients:
- providing employment services including recruitment, counselling, referral to clients, references and/or checking employment records and confirmation of same
- obtaining or assisting in your obtaining employment offers, benefits, additional privileges, bonuses, etc.
- in the case of staffing services, process payment by cheque or direct deposit
- providing you with timely updates and information regarding employment opportunities and TMA services
- follow-up to obtain your feedback on our level of service and/or testimonials
- Follow-up or infrequent reminders to ensure we have your most current and accurate information
Disclosing or Sharing Personal Information:
We do not sell your personal information to any outside source. We may be required to share some or all of your personal information with third parties – or ask you to share information with third parties or service providers in the course of our normal employment related activities. These third parties MAY include the following:
- Potential employers, existing and prospective clients
- other third party employment services or providers of service for our clients (such as: IQ testing, personal assessments, risk management, credit and/or criminal checks, etc.)
- financial institutions for staffing arrangements (re: direct deposits)
- insurance companies for staffing arrangements (re: benefits)
- claims and HR management firms for staffing arrangements
We may also disclose your personal information when we are required or permitted to do so by law – Canada Customs, WSIB, courts, and other government agencies.
Personal Information Collected
By submitting your personal information and resume for the purposes of engaging Tim Moore Associates for your job search, you have consented and authorized the collection and disclosure of appropriate and pertinent personal information, in one or more of the following ways, directly to or through TMA, our clients, third parties and other service providers. This is solely for the purposes of recruitment, employment opportunities and/or evaluating your credentials and qualifications for jobs you may be suitable for. Personal information may be collected verbally or non-verbally.
- Inquiries regarding employment or your employment availability
- Applications for employment, your resume submitted, or interest shown in particular jobs (either current or upcoming) offered through TMA, or those we may partner with
- Communicating discretely with any and all companies, former employers, schools, references and individuals reasonably connected to your employment and/or educational background
- Offers of employment or reference checking
- Contact with any of TMA service representatives
- Any communication / conversations where information is offered to staff or clients
Individuals are expected to update TMA with changes to their current personal information on file to ensure it’s ongoing accuracy and completeness. Updated resumes may be conveniently sent to firstname.lastname@example.org. Personal information MAY include one, some, or all of the following information about you;
- name, address, and telephone numbers (including work and personal cell numbers)
- personal facsimile number, email addresses, electronic communication devices like Blackberry
- occupation (current and past)
- work history
- pay or salary history or preferences
- language or geographic preferences and potential for considering relocation
- Industry, occupation, or employment preferences
- social insurance number; work permit number; and other identification MAY be requested before, or by law – at time of hire
- driver’s license number or other photo identification
- marital status only if needed for benefits application with our clients
- personal emergency contact information
- normal or preferred hours of work
- physical limitations and capabilities for job(s) offered
- copies of credentials to support training and/or education information
- personal testimonials and/or feedback on TMA’s assistance or level of service
- names of business and/or personal references in order to conduct reference checks for our clients
Safeguarding Personal Information
We use your personal information for the purposes listed herein. Access to your personal information is restricted to our firm’s representatives who need access to it in order to perform their work.
Retention and Disposition of Personal Information
We retain your personal information for the time that we believe you are referable for employment. When there are legal requirements related to the retention period of personal information, we will comply with those requirements. Personal information will be safeguarded against unauthorized access to avoid misuse and fraudulent use. Personal information will be disposed after the appropriate period using approved methods including electronic file deletion and paper shredding.
Your Rights to Limit Use of Personal Information
The personal information that we collect is necessary to provide you and our clients with services related to your recruitment, qualification, placement, employment, and/or ongoing job search. Personal information is also used to build, maintain and update your profile with TMA in order to serve you and our clients better. Normally, distribution of your information is on a request or notification basis first, when you’ll request – or we will notify you of an employment opportunity you may be suited for and obtain your approval before releasing your personal information. However, there may be exceptions where because of the urgency of our client’s needs and the competitive nature of the Canadian employment and recruitment marketplace, that we are unable to do so, in advance.
If you wish to limit the collection, use, or disclosure of your personal information, please contact Tim Moore to discuss how we may honour your request and still continue to provide an acceptable level of service.
Withdrawing your Consent
You may also withdraw your consent to use your personal information at any time, with five (5) business day’s notice. Tim Moore Associates retains the right to keep a record of personal information relating to recruitment work already completed at the time of the destruction.
By submitting your resume and personal information you hereby release Tim Moore Associates, it’s employees, agents, and divisions, wherever located, and any and all employers, former employers, schools, references, and other persons reasonably related to the recruitment process from all liability in responding to inquiries in connection with the services provided to you, by Tim Moore Associates.
TMA’s right to limit usage of your personal information and/or our Services.
Tim Moore Associates retains the sole right to decline recruitment services to past, current and potential candidates and/or clients.
Questions and Concerns